G.I. Jobs® Announces 2021 Veteran Champions of the Year in Higher Education Awards
PITTSBURGH – G.I. Jobs® is proud to announce the inaugural 2021 Veteran Champions of the Year (VCOY) in Higher Education awards, a prestigious honor presented to those who advocate for the advancement of our nation’s veterans in higher education by seeking to enable their success at institutions of higher learning.
The 19 VCOYs were selected for their advocacy on behalf of America’s veterans and military students at colleges, universities and vocational schools. These champions establish and grow programs and services that help military and veteran students succeed in their pursuit of a post-military education. Their efforts improve the recruitment, enrollment, matriculation, retention, graduation and job placement of veterans while seeking to bridge the cultural gap between veterans and civilian students.
“G.I. Jobs shines a spotlight on the higher education programs that best connect the military community to civilian employment opportunities. But without people like the 19 champions honored this year, the execution of these programs and services at individual schools never happens. I am so grateful for these 19 leaders for their role in helping America’s veterans thrive in higher education,” said Chris Hale, CEO of VIQTORY, the veteran-owned business which owns and operates G.I. Jobs.
Champions did not have to be veterans themselves to be nominated. Profiles of the 2021 Veteran Champions of the Year in Higher Education honorees will be published in the August issue of G.I. Jobs magazine, which is distributed free—digitally and in print—to transitioning service members, veterans and their families worldwide.
This year’s award winners are:
- Judy Drago, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Kari Haugeto, SUNY – Delhi
- Harvey Arnold, Indian River State College
- Ryan Luurtsema, Ocean County College
- Karen Allen, Texas A&M University
- Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Otto J. Guenther, McDaniel College
- Barry Munday, Chattahoochee Technical College
- Blason Taon, Los Angeles Pacific University
- Melissa Olson, Marymount California University
- Louis Bridges, Keesler Air Force Base
- Sarah Weygand, Park University/Johnson County Community College
- Ryan Barnett, George Mason University
- Sean Jepson, University of West Georgia
- Tabora Temple, Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
- Colin Haines, Western Oregon University
- Scott Mahone, Mercer University
- James Kumm, The University of Texas at Arlington
- Corey Stewart, Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts
- Vince Loran, Ignite RPM
Founded on the belief that veterans are better for their service, VIQTORY® is the leading marketing firm connecting the military community to civilian opportunity. Its hundreds of clients include Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies, and colleges that use VIQTORY®’s marketing products to promote their employment, education, and entrepreneurship opportunities to the nation’s military community of veterans, military spouses, and transitioning service members. VIQTORY® is a VA and NaVOBA certified service-disabled, veteran-owned small business founded in 2001 by three Navy veterans. Its media brands include G.I. Jobs®, Military Spouse®, and Military Friendly®. VIQTORY® offers digital and print advertising in its own media as well as managed programmatic advertising, which enables it to reach its audience on virtually any platform and any device, at the precise location and at the right time.
For details visit viqtory.com.