2022 Student Veteran Leadership Awards
PITTSBURGH, May 25, 2022 – G.I. Jobs® is proud to announce the 2022 Student Veteran Leadership Awards (SVLAs), an annual honor bestowed upon student veterans who are making a positive difference at their school and in their community.
In its third year, the Student Veteran Leadership Award cohort will be published in the August issue of G.I. Jobs, distributed free in print and digital form to transitioning service members, veterans and their families across the world.
“The 33 veterans on this year’s list exemplify the excellence that military and veteran students bring to learning institutions all across the nation,” said Dan Fazio, G.I. Jobs managing editor. “They go above and beyond expectations in helping their fellow student veterans succeed. They selflessly devote considerable time and energy to making their schools and communities better places. They are the leaders of tomorrow, and tomorrow is in good hands.”
Finalists for the 2022 Student Veteran Leadership Awards were chosen by a selection committee comprising prior award winners and the G.I. Jobs editorial staff.
This year’s award winners are:
- Brian Neal, Arizona State University
- Alex Ortiz, Rhode Island College
- Desmond Hill, Stillman College
- Thomas Fetherston, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Manuel Ruano, The University of Texas at Arlington
- Laura Kuramoto, Stony Brook University
- Roshard Woolfolk, Professional Golfers Career College
- Heather Thompson, Everglades University
- Michelle Robertson, Bellevue University
- Natasha Dixon, California State University, Fullerton
- Krystal Merchan, Mason School of Business at William & Mary
- Colby Milliken, Quinnipiac University
- Hannah Porter, Southeast Missouri State University
- Kaedy Puckett, University of Chicago
- Maurice Henderson, Independence Community College
- Johnson Li, Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Tommy Thomas, Assumption University
- Christopher Sullivan, Los Angeles Pacific University
- Faith Shrader, William Woods University
- Thomas Aubee, Community College of Rhode Island
- Matthew Morris, Clemson University
- Gregory Seltzer, DeSales University
- Nicholas Eltman, Drexel University
- Caleb Ray, University of Georgia
- Nicklos Alvarado, SUNY Ulster
- Melvin Rodas, Middlesex College
- Janice Brennin, Old Dominion University
- Elayna Bisby, California State University, Northridge
- Dillon Bradley, Wilkes University
- Rob Kudratov, Park University
- Patrick Reagin, Eastern Kentucky University
- Johnathon Mullins, Arkansas State University
- Joseph D’Addosio, Elmhurst University
Founded on the belief that veterans are better for their service, VIQTORY® is the leading marketing firm connecting the military community to civilian opportunity. Its hundreds of clients include Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies and colleges that use VIQTORY®’s marketing products to promote their employment, education and entrepreneurship opportunities to the nation’s military community of veterans, military spouses, and transitioning service members. VIQTORY® is a VA and NaVOBA certified service-disabled, veteran-owned small business founded in 2001 by three Navy veterans. Its media brands include G.I. Jobs®, Military Spouse®, and Military Friendly®. VIQTORY® offers digital and print advertising in its own media as well as managed programmatic advertising, which enables it to reach its audience on virtually any platform and any device, at the precise location and at the right time.
For details visit viqtory.com.