2022 Veteran Champions of the Year in Corporate America Awards
PITTSBURGH, March 23, 2022 – G.I. Jobs® is proud to announce the 2022 Veteran Champions of the Year (VCOY) in Corporate America awards, a prestigious honor presented to those who champion the recruitment, hiring, onboarding, retention and career advancement of US military veterans in corporate America.
The 30 champions were selected for the second annual list for their advocacy on behalf of America’s veterans and military employees in helping to establish and grow long-term sustainable opportunities, services and programs within their organizations. In addition to recruiting and hiring initiatives, examples include onboarding and mentoring programs, veteran network and affinity groups, bridging the cultural gap between veteran and non-veteran employees, recognizing and celebrating military service within the organization, and working with veterans service organizations and other community groups.
Those chosen for the award do not have to be veterans themselves.
“G.I. Jobs is honored to recognize these 30 individuals who work tirelessly—often behind the scenes—to advocate for America’s military and veterans in the civilian workplace. Too often champions go unnoticed because they don’t seek the spotlight. We are grateful for their efforts in promoting the services and programs that help veterans thrive in civilian careers,” said Dan Fazio, managing editor of G.I. Jobs.
Profiles of the 2022 Veteran Champions of the Year in Corporate America will be published in the June issue of G.I. Jobs magazine, a print and digital publication distributed free to transitioning service members, veterans and their families.
This year’s award winners are:
- Lauren Moretti, American Systems
- Tori Baires, Granite Construction
- Luis Martinez, Texas Veterans Leadership Program
- Anthony Gilbert, Raytheon Missiles & Defense
- Maria Baer, Mayo Clinic
- Shawn Durnen, NineLine Veteran Services
- Zelda Davis, US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Jim McMahon, Travelers Insurance
- Tim Cochrane, Tenova*
- Kenneth Dinkins, Georgia Department of Labor
- Scott Haas, BGIS
- Michael McCoy, Verizon**
- Scott Sharp, Metropolitan Public Defender
- Bernie Stone, Bunker Labs Des Moines
- Al Bancroft, Camden County Veterans Affairs
- Timothy Montjoy, Operation Teammate
- Dr. Madeline Ann Lewis, Executive Women’s Success Institute
- Craig Mason, American Electric Power
- Blair Ciccocioppo, Select Medical
- Hal Pittman, Defense Media Activity
- Janet Hermosillo, IBM
- Daniel Rau, Veterati
- Cesar Ruiz, Learning Alliance Corporation
- Yasmin Wilkinson, BP America
- Tony Lona, Sandia National Laboratories
- Josh Link, FedEx Express
- Todd Wanek, Ashley Furniture Industries
- Marcus Ohlenforst, USAA
- Tiffany Baker, UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)
- Laura Chevalier, Provalus
*Worked for American Corporate Partners (ACP) when nominated for award.
**Worked for Premise Health when nominated for award.
Founded on the belief that veterans are better for their service, VIQTORY® is the leading marketing firm connecting the military community to civilian opportunity. Its hundreds of clients include Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies and colleges that use VIQTORY®’s marketing products to promote their employment, education and entrepreneurship opportunities to the nation’s military community of veterans, military spouses, and transitioning service members. VIQTORY® is a VA and NaVOBA certified service-disabled, veteran-owned small business founded in 2001 by three Navy veterans. Its media brands include G.I. Jobs®, Military Spouse®, and Military Friendly®. VIQTORY® offers digital and print advertising in its own media as well as managed programmatic advertising, which enables it to reach its audience on virtually any platform and any device, at the precise location and at the right time.
For details visit viqtory.com.