PITTSBURGH, April 12, 2023 – Military Friendly proudly announces the 2023 Employee Veteran Leadership Awards (EVLAs), a prestigious annual honor awarded to employees of an organization who are US military veterans and who demonstrate the finest qualities of our nation’s military, including leadership, teamwork, discipline, determination, adaptability, a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude.
The 26 EVLA honorees were selected for having a positive impact on the organizations they work for, as well as the military and veteran community. These veterans advocate for the advancement of fellow veterans within their organizations, mentor other employees, and work to bridge the cultural gap between veteran and non-veteran employees. They go above and beyond by volunteering their time.
“Most veterans are better for their service, and these 26 individuals exemplify the value that veterans offer as civilian employees,” said Chris Hale, Military Friendly® co-founder, CEO and a Navy veteran. “We are proud to honor them for their excellence and the positive impact they are having on their organizations.”
The 2023 Employee Veteran Leadership Awards list will be published in the June issue of G.I. Jobs, distributed free in digital and print to transitioning service members, veterans and their families around the world.
This year’s award winners are:
- Michael Duerr, US Department of State
- Chris Doyle, Fortuna BMC
- Hannah Spring, US Coast Guard Exchange
- Natalie Collington, Highmark Wholecare
- James Roberg, State of New Hampshire Department of Military Affairs and Veteran Services
- Tommy Ellis, Independence Community College
- Catherine Harkins, IBM
- Alex Kell, HCA Healthcare
- John Chacko, Bristol Myers Squibb
- Austin Milster, Leadec Corp
- Ken Hagler, Adecco Group USA
- Douglas Jones, Cushman & Wakefield
- Bryan Bergjans, Caliber Home Loans
- Paola Martinez, Verizon
- Dave Corlett, CopOp
- Marcus Maschmedt, LHH
- Hector Parra, JPMorgan Chase
- Craig Tackett, Roche
- Mitchell Rivas, Maryssa’s Mission Foundation
- Jon Doolen, Riverstone Logistics
- Jim Hefti, Advanced Technology Services
- Brian Coughlin, Control Station, Inc.
- Anthony Prause, American Systems
- Eric Brew, American Corporate Partners (ACP)
- Haley Guzman, Merck
- Donna Bennett, Strategic Staffing Solutions
About Military Friendly®
The Military Friendly® ratings program was started in 2003 as an advocacy vehicle to encourage civilian organizations to invest in programs to recruit, retain and advance veterans as employees, entrepreneurs and students. By providing a benchmark to aim for, by posting a “score,” this program has encouraged civilian organizations to help veterans thrive in the civilian workforce. We believe that this is the very cornerstone of creating sustainable civilian opportunities for veterans.
For details visit MilitaryFriendly.com