PITTSBURGH, April 12, 2023 – Military Friendly® proudly announces the 2023 Veteran Champions of the Year (VCOY) in Corporate America awards, a prestigious honor presented to those who champion the recruitment, hiring, onboarding, retention and career advancement of US military veterans in corporate America, government agencies and non-profit organizations.
The 27 champions were selected for their advocacy on behalf of America’s veterans and military employees in helping to establish and grow long-term sustainable opportunities, services and programs within their organizations. In addition to recruiting and hiring initiatives, examples include onboarding and mentoring programs, veteran network and affinity groups, bridging the cultural gap between veteran and non-veteran employees, recognizing and celebrating military service within the organization, and working with veterans service organizations and other community groups.
Those chosen for the award do not have to be veterans themselves.
“We’re proud to recognize these 27 Champions who so selflessly advocate for our nation’s veterans in the civilian workforce,” said Chris Hale, Military Friendly® co-founder, CEO and a Navy veteran. “Many are veterans themselves, so they know the value that those who served bring to their organizations.”
The 2023 Veteran Champions of the Year in Corporate America list will be published in the June issue of G.I. Jobs magazine, a print and digital publication distributed free to transitioning service members, veterans and their families.
This year’s award winners are:
- Nick Busse, Leaf Home
- The Rev. Dr. Ed “Doc” Golden, Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 317 (Kansas City, MO)
- Jory Teno, The Friedkin Group
- David Osborn, Armag Corporation
- Barbara Beltram, United Health Group
- Anthony Groff, Highmark Health
- Pierre Redmon, PrimCorp. LLC
- Catherine Harkins, IBM
- John Willard III, Office of Workforce Development, Technical College System of Georgia
- Chuck McGregor, Parsons Corporation
- John Zieger, Bristol Myers Squibb
- Dave Helton, EASE Logistics
- Kimber Hill, VirtForce
- Robyn Grable, Talents ASCEND, Inc.
- Omari Faulkner, ManTech International
- Joshua Santiago, Suburban Propane, LP
- Michael Piper, Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
- Bruce Mosler, Cushman & Wakefield
- Kandi Tillman, 50Strong
- Tommy Jones, Verizon
- Mike Foss, Warrior Bonfire Program
- Annie Drazba, American Systems
- John Perez, Johnson & Johnson
- Rob Sim, Organon
- Justin McEwen, The Office of Congresswoman Linda Sanchez
- Cindy Pasky, Strategic Staffing Solutions
- Brian “Max” Dubroff, Sandia National Laboratories
About Military Friendly®
The Military Friendly® ratings program was started in 2003 as an advocacy vehicle to encourage civilian organizations to invest in programs to recruit, retain and advance veterans as employees, entrepreneurs and students. By providing a benchmark to aim for, by posting a “score,” this program has encouraged civilian organizations to help veterans thrive in the civilian workforce. We believe that this is the very cornerstone of creating sustainable civilian opportunities for veterans.
For details visit MilitaryFriendly.com