We are proud to present the 2021 Veteran Champion of the Year in Higher Education award, a prestigious honor awarded to those who advocate for the advancement of our nation’s veterans through higher education by seeking to enable their success at institutions of higher learning (IHL).
Nominee should demonstrate a proven track record of advocating on behalf of our nation’s veterans by seeking to improve the recruitment, enrollment, retention, graduation and job placement of veterans, and working to bridge the cultural gap between veterans and civilian students.
Individuals may not be nominated for more than one of the three Award categories annually.
– Completion of the award nomination form
– Nominee acceptance and confirmation of the nomination
– Nominations will be reviewed and evaluated by a selection committee comprised of individuals, corporations, non- profits, community resources, VSO, MSO, and others. The selection committee may not consist of nominees or have an affiliation to nominees. A full list of the selection committee members will be released and made publicly available once all nominations are received and closed.
– Goes above and beyond in advocating for the recruitment, enrollment, retention, graduation and job placement of veterans
– Seeks to improve programs and services for veterans within higher education
– Works to bridge the cultural gap between veterans and civilian students who are unfamiliar with the military community